Sunday, May 23, 2010

STEP ONE; SELECTION

There are a number of factors that have helped me decide which tank to build, first and foremost is looks.

I tend to stick to German tanks simply for looks alone, the vast majority have a menacing look about them.


The second factor for me is size, I like the smaller style tanks because they are cheaper to build, easier to handle and most importantly, harder to hit with paintballs!


The third and final factor is, whether or not I want a functional turret. I tend to say no to this and end up with assault guns, or tank destroyers.


So for my latest build I'm going with a Sturmgeschutz 3 Ausf G, in a 1943 "kursk" style setup.



Once I have selected the vehicle I want to model, I buy a 1/35th plastic kit of it and use that, along with reference photos to get scale measurements.

1/35th models www.dragonusaonline.com
reference pics and info www.wwiivehicles.com

=Mr.TigerAce=

No comments:

Post a Comment